Thamizhan Black Pepper originally belongs to South India, it’s grown in other tropical countries as well. It’s played a major role in history, and has been considered as an important spice from time immemorial. In ancient Greece, it was also used as currency. In later years, it became essential in the spice trade across the world.
Incidentally Vietnam is considered to be the largest grower and exporter of pepper. India, Brazil, and Indonesia follow suit. Black pepper, while used in cooking and garnishing in cuisines all over the world, comes with lots of health benefits.
The six major reasons to sprinkle some more pepper-
1. Thamizhan black pepper prevents cancer: The Thamizhan black pepper can be credited with the prevention of cancer, and becomes twice as potent when combined with turmeric. The spice also has Vitamin C, Vitamin A, flavonoids, carotenoids and other antioxidants that help remove harmful free radicals and protect the body from cancers and diseases. To get maximum benefits is to eat freshly ground pepper, and not cook it along with food.
2. Thamizhan black pepper stimulates digestion: The black pepper eases digestion and stimulates the stomach, which then secretes hydrochloric acid that helps to digest proteins in food. A small amount of pepper in food will actually help you to digest it faster.
3. Thamizhan black pepper relieves cold and cough: Black pepper is antibacterial in nature, and therefore helps to cure cold and cough. A teaspoon of honey with crushed pepper does the trick. It also helps to ease chest congestion, often caused due to pollution, flu, or a viral infection. Also, you can add it to hot water and eucalyptus oil and take steam. Thamizhan black pepper is rich in Vitamin C and it works as a good antibiotic.
4. Thamizhan black pepper enables weight loss: You might not want to believe this, but black pepper is brilliant when it comes to extracting nutrients from food. And it’s outermost layer contains phytonutrients, which helps to break down fat cells, and also increase your metabolism. If you eat fresh pepper, and begin to sweat, that’s the pepper helping your body to get rid of excess water and toxins. But you need to control consumption as a small amount of pepper with your food is enough.
5. Thamizhan black pepper improves skin: Did you know that crushed pepper is one of the best exfoliates nature has provided us? Don’t use it directly though; you can add honey, curd, or fresh cream to it. It enables blood circulation, and provides our skin with more oxygen. If you add it to your food also takes care of unwarranted skin wrinkles. Black pepper is known to help in the cure of Vitiligo, it is a skin condition where it loses pigmentation, and creates white patches.
6. Thamizhan black pepper addresses depression: It’s said that the black pepper helps to deal with depression. It stimulates the brain, and helps it to function properly and make us keep more active.
To take maximum advantage of the benefits of black pepper, it’s important that you store in the best way possible. It’s recommended that you buy whole peppercorn and crush it at home. This not only makes sure that the spice retains its flavor, but also that it lasts longer. Store it in an airtight glass container, and always in a cool, dry, and dark place.